With more than 80 million players enjoying the game, Ubisoft’s competitive first-person-shooter Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is not showing any signs of slowing down, and as the game enters its seventh year, season one of this year brings in a myriad of changes, looking to further improve the gameplay experience.
The season one update, called Demon Veil, adds in various changes and bug fixes to the game, which were previously announced and confirmed. This season adds in a new operator, called, Azami, along with the new permanent game mode, Team Deathmatch, and a new map. Apart from that, operator changes for Goyo and Valkyrie have been made, changing the way both the operators’ gadgets work, and various audio, VFX, UI, and gameplay fixes have also been addressed, improving the overall experience.
To read the patch notes and the changes in detail, head on over to the official website. You can also read a selection of the patch notes below.
Year 7 Premium Pass
Back by popular demand, the premium Year 7 Pass will be available to purchase, granting access to the following benefits and VIP perks:
- 4 new Year 7 Operators
- 4 headgears and uniforms (included in Battle Passes)
- Access to the 4 Year 7 Battle Passes
- Unlock the first 20 tiers on each Year 7 Battle Pass as part of the Premium Bundles
- An exclusive Exotic Weapon Skin for the MPX
- Exclusive Valkyrie Byte Set
- Ash Chilled Bundle
- 14-day early access to each season’s new Operator
- 30% bonus Battle Points (not applied to Challenges or Achievements)
- Persistent Challenges
- Challenges will continue to unlock along a set time frame but will no longer be time-limited, allowing players to finish them at their own pace until the end of the Battle Pass.
- Replays are now compatible through the entire season and will not be deleted when patches or hotfixes are released.
- Replays will be available to play back until the final day of the season.
Customizable Ability Skins
- Players are now able to choose between different ability skins that they own as long as they are both owned and belong to the same Operator.
- Knife melee animation changed from a slash to a stab motion to match in-game hit detection.
Gadget and Ability Models
- Updated the model of Ela’s Grzmot Mine to display an LED when armed that matches the player’s Team Colors choice.
- Changed the model of the Breach Charge to display an LED that matches the player’s Team Colors choice.
- Updated the model of the Bulletproof Camera to better support last season’s gameplay rework of Bulletproof Cameras (camera rotation and EMP burst).
Speech to Text
- New option to enable Speech to Text functionality added to the Options menu.
- Improved the facial animation rigs, shaders and meshes used on current and future Operators.
- Match timer will now display times with milliseconds included during the last 10 seconds of the Action Phase.
HUD Adjustment in Support Mode
- Added ability/gadget status to player portrait when spectating in Support Mode and removed KDA.
Griefing and Players Disconnecting
- Harmful gadgets no longer damage players if the player who threw them disconnects, preventing toxic players from exploiting disconnections to grief and avoid sanctions.
- Added Chalet map and removed Bank map from the Newcomer playlist.