Ubisoft’s Rainbow Six Siege, the latest in the long running Tom Clancy branded series, has seen a huge amount of change since its release. The game had a bit of a bumpy start, but continued introducing additions and fixes. That, entering into its 4th year now of seasonal updates, has helped to change the game significantly since release. The newest patch, S4 1.3, is out now, and it comes with a huge catalog of changes, especially to operator Lion, who sees a big nerf.
Lion is the biggest change, but there’s various alterations to other operators, including Capitao, Nomad, Ying, and others. Along with the various tweaks to operator balance, there’s also various gameplay issues that are fixed, like some sound glitches, clipping through walls in certain maps, collision boxes, and a lot more.
Rainbow Six Siege is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can check out a partial list of the patch notes below. For the full, massive list of notes, check out the game’s website.
- Replaced the scan outline by a red ping debuff.
- Reduced the ability warning from three to one-and-a-half seconds.
- Reduced the scanning from four to two seconds.
- Reduced the ability cool-down from 27 to 15 seconds.
- Increased the number of charges from two to three.
- Reducing damage per tick from 19 to 12.
- Size of the area of effect increased.
- The area takes two seconds to reach its maximum size.
- The arrows follow a straight trajectory until 10 meters. After that, they will start to fall due to gravity.
- Added an idle sound cue to activated Airjabs.
- Stun grenades replace her Claymore.
- In order to make Ying’s Candelas more intuitive and simple, we have inverted the cooking mechanic.
- We have reduced the TCSG12 total ammunition to 51 (from 61).
- The AUG-A3 damage is increased to 33 (from 27).
- To reduce the effectiveness of his Evil eyes, its bulletproof windows will now be half-way opened when affected EMPs or Shock Drones.
- To reduce the frustration generated by this operator, the ballistic shield flash cool-down has been increased (from two to seven seconds.)
- IQ can now detect Echo when he is using his PDA.