Resident Evil Village
Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X, PC
Tales of Arise and Final Fantast 16 also chart high.
As packed as 2020 was with exciting and major video game releases, 2021 is looking even more packed, with a number of big releases due out over the coming 12 months. That’s reflected in Famitsu’s latest charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games as well, as voted by Famitsu’s readers.
On top of the charts is Monster Hunter Rise, Capcom’s upcoming Nintendo Switch exclusive title, though it has a very narrow lead over the game placed second, Bandai Namco’s upcoming Tales of Arise. Then in third place there’s Final Fantasy 16, while it’s followed (after a pretty healthy gap in votes) by fellow behemoth Resident Evil Village.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel is placed fifth, with fellow Switch exclusives such as Rune Factor 5, Bravely Default 2, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Bayonetta 3 also figuring into the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between November 26 and December 2.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 753 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 749 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy XVI – 692 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 548 votes
5. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 477 votes
6. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 426 votes
7. [NSW] Bravely Default II – 384 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 376 votes
9. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 357 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 252 votes