Hopoo Games’ Risk of Rain Returns, a remaster of its 2013 roguelike side-scroller, has received its first patch. While patch 1.0.2 isn’t too big, it does offer several necessary fixes, like changing the stage variants in Ancientvalley 2, Desolate Forest 3 and 5, and more to fix “abnormalities.”
Crashes that occur when “unusual” gamepad-type devices are connected or at points when closing the game are also fixed. A save backup system separate from Steam Cloud is also available, while skill descriptions should now display correctly regardless of aspect ratio. Check out the full patch notes below.
A future patch will fix other issues, including a loud sound when restarting in specific scenarios or Providence Trials and challenges related to Bandit, Sniper and Han-D not unlocking if the client is in an online game. The team is also taking feedback regarding balance and will address issues in “future patches.”
Risk of Rain Returns is available for Nintendo Switch and PC. Check out our review here.
Patch Notes Version 1.0.2
- Fixed Cremator being allowed to spawn in certain locations which it was intended to be blacklisted from.
- Made HAN-D trial description correctly say 200 pts instead of 125 required.
- Changes the following stage variants to fix abnormalities: Ancientvalley 2, Desolate Forest 3 & 5, Hivecluster 1 & 3, Riskofrain 2, Temple of the Elders 1
- Fixed a crash when an unusual gamepad type device is connected.
- Fixed an obscure crash that can occur when viewing the command menu.
- Updated some files related to input extension which should better blacklist certain devices that behave poorly when detected as controllers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at certain points if the game was closed.
- The game now appropriately responds to cutscene videos failing to load entirely. the intro will be skipped and ending will just be a black screen with text.
- Fixed a scenario in which the large healing chest could drop no item.
- Adjusted Highway Robbery trial to refer to Flashbang correctly.
- Fixed a frame-perfect crash when an Evolved Lemurian took flight and died at the same time.
- Introduced a save backup system independent of Steam Cloud.
- Fixed a possible crash with Miner’s alt primary.
- Fixed skill descriptions being displayed incorrectly depending on your aspect ratio.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when making a server.
Known Issues (to be fixed in a future patch)
- Bandit, a Sniper challenge, and a HAN-D challenge currently do not unlock if you’re a client in an online game.
- Permanent invincibility bug when losing a temporary Dios Friend.
- Certain users are experiencing a very loud sound when restarting the game in some scenarios / Providence Trials.
- If the game was set to fullscreen on a display that was disconnected, it may be unable to launch.
- Sniper’s secondary skill not interacting properly with Backup Magazine.
- Overloading enemies’ electricity has more range than intended.