In Sons of the Forest, the Zipline Rope Gun plays a vital role as it’s a requirement for acquiring the Shovel, which is an essential tool needed for your survival and success on the island. However, obtaining the Rope Gun won’t be a cakewalk, as it’s concealed deep within a cave that’s infested with cannibals and located on the western side of the map. If you believe you have the courage to acquire it, here’s everything you should know about finding the Rope Gun in Sons of the Forest.
How to Procure the Zipline Rope Gun
- To obtain the Rope Gun, head towards the Cave located on the western side of the island, between the snowy mountainscape and the ocean. It’s located slightly southeast of the pulsing green point of interest marked on the mini-map.
- Clear the bard entrances once you reach the cave, and try pressing through the crack in the large rock face.
Note: This cave system is very dangerous as you’ll face several waves of Cannibals, including Baby Cannibals, as you traverse through the cave. To be prepared, it’s recommended to bring plenty of food, Meds, a Flashlight or Torch, and a powerful weapon such as the Stun Baton or a Gun. Alternatively, you can switch the game to Peaceful Mode to avoid any enemies.
- Once you’re prepared, move inside the cave and keep going forward until you come across a massive open area. Search your left for a fallen worker and move towards him.
- Starting from the worker, keep hugging the wall and keep going further deeper into the cave.
- At the end of the short walk, you’ll encounter a massive blob-like creature lodged between a gap in the wall. Pick up the Time Bombs near the worker lying next to the creature.
- Activate the time bomb and throw it towards the creature. Once the path is opened up, keep moving forward.
- As you step into the area, check to your right for an email titled “More Lighting” lying next to a fallen worker. You’ll also spot a rope along with some useful resources nearby.
- After collecting the letter, keep moving forward until you reach the end. The area is quite lengthy, so prepare yourself for quite the journey. Simply keep heading straight and you should be good to go.
- Once you climb up the small ramp after passing through the narrow corridor with hanging bodies, continue ahead until you reach a flat spot. Then, turn the corner and proceed past the small pile of stalagmites to your right. As you’re traveling, take the path to the left as moving forward only leads to some random resources and newspaper clippings.
- Keep going forward until you see the end. There should be a black crate with the Rope Gun inside of it. Make sure to check the crate next to it as it contains slug ammo that’ll come in handy during the later stages of the game.
- Now that you have the Rope Gun, use it to zipline down to the ground below. keep going forward and you’ll eventually come across the cave exit.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)