Soul Hackers 2 has released its first-major post-launch update with version 1.02. The update adds several new features, like a Dash function for Ringo that allows for walking and slashing at higher speeds.
Battles now also have a “Speed Up” mode for increasing combat speed, which players can freely toggle between as necessary. Four new demons – Pixie (Soul Hackers Ver.), Aitvaras, Isis, and Neko Shogun – have also been added. These don’t count towards the Registration Percentage in the Demon Compendium.
Other quality-of-life features include adjusting the skill inheritance rates during Demon Fusion (the trailer notes skills as being “easier to inherit”) and the enemy spawn rate in dungeons. Players can also teleport directly to shops from the City Map. If you’ve had issues with incorrect input during Soul Level increases, then the flow of prompts has been adjusted to help with the same.
Check out the full patch notes below. Soul Hackers 2 is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and PC. Check out our review here. Though struggling to reach the expected sales level, as per Sega Sammy following its Q2 FY22 financial results, it will continue updating the RPG to “expand sales.” Stay tuned for more details on future updates in the coming months.
Soul Hackers 2 Ver. 1.02
A full list of changes can be found below:
Newly added functions:
- A “Dash” function has been added to Ringo’s movement.
- The user can toggle between “Normal” and “Dash” at will. While in Dash Mode, Ringo’s walking and slashing speeds will increase.
- Due to the addition of the dash function, the effect of the Summoner Skill “Assassin’s Steps” has been changed to: “For a given distance, enemies will ignore Ringo.”
Fast Battle Mode
- A “Speed Up” mode has been added to battles. Players may freely toggle between normal and high-speed combat.
- Adjusted how long loading-screen tips are shown.
- Changed the flow of on-screen prompts during soul level increase to reduce the risk of incorrect input from accidental button presses.
- Added the ability to teleport directly to shops from the City Map.
- Adjusted enemy spawn rate in dungeons.
- Adjusted skill inheritance rates during demon fusion.
- Other minor changes.
- Added four new demons: Pixie (Soul Hackers Ver.), Neko Shogun, Aitvaras, and Isis.
- Note: The above bonus demons do not count toward the Registration Percentage in the Demon Compendium or the achievement “Compendium Completionist”.