Splatoon 3 had an absolutely bumper week last week, especially if you’re going by sales. In Japan, it debuted on top of the weekly sales charts, and sold over 3.45 million units within just three days of its release, combining both physical and digital sales. Now, Famitsu has released the latest weekly physical software and hardware sales charts for Japan, and unsurprisingly, Splatoon is still on top. It sold over 506,000 units at retail over the course of its second week.
Dragon Quest 10: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline was probably the biggest new release of the week in the region, and it, too, sold very well. The Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5 versions of the game occupy the second, third, and fourth spots in the charts, selling over 143,000 units, over 48,000 units, and over 28,000 units respectively. Put together, the game sold over 220,000 units across all platforms, which still puts it behind Splatoon 3 by a significant margin.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch has a massive week again (even if sales are down from last week), moving over 127,000 units. The PS5 (over 11,000 units) and Xbox Series X/S (over 14,000 units) both saw significant bumps in sales from the previous week, with Microsoft’s consoles collectively outselling Sony’s machine.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending September 18 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 506,610 (2,441,290)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 143,836 (New)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 48,100 (New)
- [PS5] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 28,371 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,661 (4,837,415)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 7,463 (732,175)
- [NSW] Trinity Trigger – 6,698 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 6,629 (2,792,678)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 5,027 (888,934)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 4,720 (4,976,532)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 127,558 (182,876)
- PS5 – 11,180 (2,864)
- Xbox Series X/S – 14,077 (459)