State of Decay 2’s Newest Patch is 20 GB, Fixes Numerous Issues
The latest patch for the zombie survival game is pretty big.
Undead Labs’ State of Decay 2 wasn’t in the best possible state when it initially launched last month. Numerous bugs, crashes and other glitches were pointed out and that’s not including the issues that players have had with co-op. Though a day one patch helped fix some issues, a number continued to linger until this latest update.
Weighing 20 GB, which is almost the size of the original game, patch 1.2 has quite a lot of fixes. Such fixes include those for rare bugs like the Warlord Legacy arc not being completed or the Sheriff Legacy arc not starting. For multiplayer fans, host facilities will no longer be invisible to clients. If a client drops connection, the game will exit to the main menu faster ensuring players won’t be left hanging after the pop-up is dismissed.
Optimization has also been done to the visuals to reduce LOD popping and a reduction to glowing props. Additional lighting tuning passes have been done. Check out the full change log below and let us know what you think in the comments.
- Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing
- Fixed instances of clients dealing damage to their host’s non-active community members with explosives
- Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player’s character model (which had caused flickering shadows)
- Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight in multiplayer
- Fixed issue with doors appearing the opposite of the state they are in
- Resolved situation where, when getting into vehicles, the camera could become detached from the player’s character
- Fixed issue where, when clients swap weapons while in vehicles, the weapons do not swap upon exit from vehicle
- Fixed rare bug that could prevent Warlord legacy arc from being completed
- Fixed rare bug that could block Sheriff legacy arc from starting
- Fixed issue where player’s loot sometimes becomes invisible until their entire backpack is deposited into a Supply Locker
Networking and multiplayer
- Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements
- Game now exits to main menu faster when a client loses their internet connection, so players will no longer hang after dismissing the pop-up
- Improved network vehicle interactions in multiplayer games to address weird “rubber-banding” and physics issues (including cars flying into the air).
- Host facilities no longer appear invisible to clients during multiplayer
Zombie and character behaviour
- Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
- Reduction of step height to prevent survivors popping up onto props while moving
- Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
- Community advice list no longer shows up under vignette on the map
Environment and collision
- Fixed numerous collision spots across all three maps where players or vehicles were getting stuck
- Fixed numerous collision spots across all three maps where players were getting stuck in an infinite freefall animation loop
- Elimination of white line that appears when driving at night time
- Addressed a variety of spots in world where player was not able to climb over props they should’ve been able to
- Additional polish and reduction of LOD popping
- Additional lighting tuning passes, reduction in glowing props
- Addressed a variety of general crash bugs
- Updated a number of strings that were previously hardcoded in English
- Audio mix optimisations