Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PS3, PC, PS4
Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers debuts in second place.
Super Mario Maker 2 has, unsurprisingly, been performing very well the world over since its launch. That, of course, is true for Japan as well. Last week, it topped Japanese sales charts while selling almost 200,000 units. This week, as per sales data released by Famitsu, the game retains its top placed finish, while still managing to sell an impressive 83,000 units in its second week on the market.
In second place is Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers. The expansion has had a decent debut, selling over 22,000 units. Meanwhile, Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle, the expanded re-release of the 2018 game, has also debuted well, with its Switch version occupying fourth place and the PS4 version taking the sixth spot, selling over 19,000 and nearly 15,000 respectively.
Yo-Kai Watch 4 takes the third spot, selling over 19,000 copies (with not much of a gap between the third and fourth placed games). Permanent fixtures such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Super Smash Bros, Ultimate also figure in the top 10.
On the hardware side of things, the Switch continues to see a rise in sales. After having nearly doubled its weekly sales last week, it’s seen another bump of over 15,000 units this week, having sold over 75,000 units. The PS4, meanwhile, has seen a bit of a drop, selling over 11,000 units this week as opposed to last week’s over 18,000.
You can take a look at the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending July 7 below.
Software sales (lifetime sales)
1. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 83,204 / 279,357
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers – 22,260 / NEW
3. [NSW] Yo-kai Watch 4: We Are Looking Up at the Same Sky – 19,407 / 210,504
4. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle – 19,127 / NEW
5. [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball – 18,719 / 94,224
6. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle – 14,817 / NEW
7. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 8,968 / 3,149,468
8. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,183 / 2,356,972
9. [NSW] Minecraft – 7,234 / 837,919
10. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 6,072 / 3,105,283
Hardware sales (last week’s sales)
Switch – 75,481 (59,184)
PS4 – 11,303 (18,773)
Xbox One – 121 (178)
3DS – 2,550 (2,713)
PS Vita – 206 (115)