Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Version 6.0.0 Patch Notes Revealed
The update brings support for Terry Bogard, balance changes, and more.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – the highest selling fighting game of all time – continues to march onward relentlessly. Yesterday, Nintendo released the fourth character in the game’s DLC pipeline, as Terry Bogard of SNK’s Fatal Fury fame joined the ever-expanding roster. To go along with that, as always, a new version update was also released, and full patch notes for it have been detailed as well.
In addition to support for Terry, the King of Fighters stadium, and the additional DLC music, the update also brings several other additions. Several SNK spirits – like Andy Bogard, Kim Kaphwan, Kyo Kusanagi, Nakoruru, and many others – have been added to the game, and will appear in the Shop. Meawhile, the Elite-only area type has also been added, while several balancing changes have also been made to the game. Of course, there’s also a long list of adjustments made to various fighters in the game, which you ca get the full details for through here.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available on Nintendo Switch. There is one more fighter yet to be released in the current Fighters Pack, but Nintendo has more DLC fighters lined up for the future.
VERSION 6.0.0 UPDATE NOTES:
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Kim Kaphwan
- Geese Howard
- Ryo Sakazaki
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Iori Yagami
- Athena Asamiya
- Ralf & Clark
- The Tockles spirit will appear on the DRAGON QUEST Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu.
Note: To play on a Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu, you must purchase the appropriate downloadable content.
- The following features have been added to Battle Arena mode:
- The arena type “Elite Only” has been added.
- Arenas that a friend has created can now be found by going to Join Arena → Friends’ Arenas, regardless of visibility.
- The host player can now change some rules without having to shut down the arena.
- The option “Random Battlefield and Ω Form” has been added to the stage settings.
- You can now send set messages to each other inside an arena.
- Added support for the upcoming Simon and Incineroar amiibo figures.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Terry + King of Fighters Stadium
- Ryo Sakazaki Wig + Outfit
- Nakoruru Wig + Outfit
- Iori Yagami Wig + Outfit
- Akira Wig + Outfit
- Jacy Wig + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.