Tom Clancy’s The Division will be receiving its next major update, namely update 1.7, on August 15th. Servers will shut down for maintenance at 9:30 AM CEST/3:30 AM EDT/12:30 AM PDT for three hours. The update will be deployed during this time and should be ready when servers are back online.
The new update adds quite a lot of new features such as Global Events, week-long events which introduce modifiers to the PvE content and where players can earn Global Tokens. These can be redeemed for caches that will net players new Classified Gear Sets (which confer six piece bonuses as opposed to the regular four). Of course, different Classified Gear Sets will be available in different Global Events and this time around, the sets include Final Measure, DeadEye and LoneStar.
Commendations are also introduced and completing them will award patches to the player. These can be equipped on one’s clothing, replacing the standard Phoenix patch. Other cosmetic additions include face masks, which are teased in the trailer below. Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here.
Update 1.7 – Patch Notes
New feature: Global Events
- Global Events are time-limited events that add special modifiers to the PvE parts of The Division.
- Taking part in a Global Event will award you Tokens that you can use to purchase Classified Gear caches (detailed below) and unique vanity items (that are currently not included on the PTS).
- The Global Event features a modifier that can be applied to existing content. Two extra modifiers can be enabled to increase the challenge and the rewards.
- Earn Global Event Tokens by playing the content and exchange them for Global Event Caches at the vendor.
- Rewards include
- Three Classified Gear Sets.
- Three different Weapon Skins.
- One vanity set.
- Global Event specific Commendations are available to challenge you even further.
New feature: Commendations & Patches
- Commendations introduce hundreds of challenges across several categories for agents to accomplish. Commendations cover all aspects and areas of the game, both for PvE and PvP.
- Unlocking achievements reward the player with Commendation Score. Your tallied score is displayed to other agents.
- Some special Commendations award a Patch, a brand new vanity item. These Patches are displayed on the agent’s arm, replacing the default Phoenix patch.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)