Much like the original game, The Last of Us Part 1 isn’t an out-and-out third-person shooter. You’ll be crafting and upgrading melee weapons along with firearms while scavenging for ammo to survive. That doesn’t mean the latter isn’t important. If you’re new to the series, then here’s how to find every weapon in the game.
Some are extremely straightforward and obtained as part of the story. Others may take a bit of scrounging around in the area but are hard to miss. Let’s take a look at all of the weapon locations below:
- 9mm Pistol – Found in the Quarantine Zone. After fleeing from the Fireflies with Tess and heading into a tunnel, it will be on the table.
- Revolver – Found in The Outskirts. After the scene where Jess distracts a Clicker by throwing a bottle and moving the filing cabinet ahead, there will be an area full of Infected below. Before dropping down, look for a corpse nearby with the Revolver.
- Hunting Rifle – Found in The Outskirts. Following Tess’s revelation to Joel, he and Ellie go upstairs, jump across a gap and find a dead body nearby. The Hunting Rifle is next to it.
- Bow – Found in Bill’s Town. Go to the back of the store where a Clicker sets off a trap. Upon climbing the truck afterwards, you’ll find an armchair with the bow next to it.
- Shotgun – Found Bill’s Town. Provided by Bill after leaving his bar and venturing to the armory in the church’s basement.
- Shorty – Found in The Suburbs. After entering the sewers with Henry and Sam, a noise trap triggers upon entering a door. Run ahead a bit, and the Shorty is found on the table.
- El Diablo – Found at Tommy’s Dam. This scoped pistol can be found at the beginning of the chapter. Look for the abandoned car and go to the driver’s door. The El Diablo is on the ground. You can also get it from a guard shack in the area (right before the cutscene with Tommy).
- Flamethrower – Found in the University. Upon entering the gates, go up the street and look for a garage on the right. Go inside, and the Flamethrower is near an old car.
The Last of Us Part 1 is available for PS5 – check out our official review here for more details. It’s also in development for PC though a release date is yet to be confirmed.