Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 4 is finally available for PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch. Patch 1.1 also went live on PC and provides several fixes like reduced CPU usage for several threads like audio playback, resulting in greatly reduced CPU usage overall. Loading times have also been decreased thanks to additional caching being introduced.
If you’re revisiting prior maps or finishing up battles, this should help improve load times, especially during longer play sessions. To help issues on some systems, overall loading behavior has been adjusted to be more in line with Trails of Cold Steel 3. Some minor translation issues in the game and launcher have also been fixed.
Check out the full patch notes below. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 4 marks the end of the Erebonia arc as Class VII unites to stop the world from ending. Along with PC and Switch, it’s also available for PS4. Check out our official review here for more details.
Patch 1.1 Release Notes
- Reduce the CPU usage of several threads, particularly in audio playback. These changes can greatly reduce overall CPU usage in some situations.
- Introduce additional caching to decrease load times, especially when revisiting previous maps and after battles.
- This will be particularly effective for longer play sessions.
- Fix save game thumbnails sporadically not showing up under specific circumstances.
- Adjust overall loading behavior to be closer to Trails of Cold Steel 3, in order to mitigate issues on some systems.
- Prevent the game from taking abnormally long to close on some systems.
- Make left joystick and WASD (or alternative mapping) behavior consistent across all menus.
- Fix button re-mapping involving X and O buttons along with displayed button prompts.
- Fix some remaining minor translation issues in game and launcher
- New Feature: Add configuration tool option to disable dynamic button prompt switching (primarily for Steam Controller users)