Monster Hunter World
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Meanwhile, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to sell well.
Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for video game software and hardware sales in Japan for the week ending September 22, and it’s been an excellent week for Nintendo overall. Having recently launched the Switch Lite, the system’s new handheld-only variant enjoyed a great debut, selling nearly 180,000 units, with the Switch family collectively selling nearly 240,000 over the week.
That bump in hardware sales also had a positive impact on sales for Switch games. Evergreens such as Super Mario Maker 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and the Switch version of Minecraft all chart in the top 10, and all of them saw a increase in sales over last week.
It’s not just older Switch games charting in the top 10 either. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening debuts on top of the charts, having sold over 141,000 units, while the recently released remaster of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch also charts in sixth place with over 11,000 units sold.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to sell well, with the Master Edition – which packages the base game as well as the expansion – holding steady in second place, selling nearly 40,000 copies. eFootball PES 2020, which debuted in second place last week, falls down to No. 3, selling nearly 20,000 units. Meanwhile, Borderlands 3, which also debuted in the top 3 last week, has fallen to tenth place.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 141.375 / NEW
02. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne Master Edition – 39.594 / 319.915
03. [PS4] eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 – 19.249 / 77.513
04. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 14.905 / 629.714
05. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.266 / 3.266.380
06. [NSW] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – 11.237 / NEW
07. [NSW] Minecraft – 10.813 / 934.335
08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10.786 / 2.459.809
09. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version – 9.803 / 171.84
10. [PS4] Borderlands 3 – 8.811 / 44.847
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 239.740 (51.619)
PS4 – 24.857 (27.437)
Xbox One – 513 (97)
3DS – 1.687 (1.849)
PS Vita – 28 (42)