The update also addresses other minor issues.
The Outer Worlds was a great throwback to old school RPGs, and one that exceeded all expectations according to Take-Two. As good as it was, and as technically sound as it was from a studio known for technical issues, it’s not perfect of course. One of the biggest issues people had were the text, which is small and many found difficult to read. Well, today, we got a fix on that and some other minor tweaks.
The newest update, patch 184.108.40.206, created a text toggle for the size of the words, meaning those who were having some trouble reading them can up the size. There’s also some other things addressed, such as audio issues on the PS4, companions dying permanently on other difficulties beside Supernova and more. You can go here to read the full list and details on the Obsidian forums, or look at the patch list below.
The Outer Worlds is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. A Switch version is slated to come out in Q1 2020. For our review of the space exploring RPG, take a look through here.
• The crashing issue in Tartarus
• Increase Font Size – Conversations/Subtitles
• Muffled sound effects occur at random times for players on the PS4
• Companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than Supernova
• Unable to finish “Radio Free Monarch”
• Trophy “Not the Best Choice” fails to unlock properly