After launching this month to several performance issues, The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition has received its first significant patch. Update v1.1 is available for PS5 and PC players on Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG and should be available to Xbox Series X/S and Microsoft Store users this week.
Some fixes include adjusting the settings for Ultra and High End modes on PC, providing a better experience for users with stronger GPUs. SSGI being too high on PC, thus affecting performance, has been fixed, and the dynamic resolution is updated. SSR values on Xbox Series X/S and PS5 have also been updated to improve cinematic mode.
Current-gen console players can also expect a better frame rate in Performance Mode. A rare crash that could occur on Roseway for PS5 is fixed, along with temporary memory leaks that could appear in UI screens on Xbox Series X/S. Check out the full patch notes for more details.
For more details on The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition, check out our review here.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Patch Notes – v1.1
Top Community Issues:
- Adjusted settings for Ultra and Very High graphic modes, improving experience for PC players on higher end graphics cards
- Fixed issues with SSGI being set inappropriately high on PC affecting performance
- Updated SSR values to improve cinematic mode on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5
- Updated dynamic resolution on PC
- Improved framerate in performance modes for both Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5
- PSO experience improved to mitigate hitching during shader compilation
- SSGI auto settings updated preventing scenarios where it would toggle on unexpectedly
- Solved rare crash on PS5 in Roseway
- Fixed chance for Xbox Series X|S consoles to crash during long syncs
- Prevent temporary memory leaks from appearing in UI screens on Xbox Series X|S consoles
- Various HLOD improvements to reduce popping on all platforms
- Fix many instances of flickering textures on all platforms
- Reduce chance for characters hair to glow on all platforms
- Fixed two instances of invisible enemies on all platforms
- Fixed invisible trip mine beam on all platforms
- Improved texture resolution on the Xbox Series S
- Fixed skin shading issues seen on some companions on the Xbox Series S
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)