Supermassive Games’ The Quarry has several endings, much like Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology games. The story focuses on a group of nine teenagers following the end of summer camp at Hackett’s Quarry. Things quickly go awry with the group beset by the locals, namely the Hackett family, and strange violent creatures.
The key difference between The Quarry and previous Supermassive titles is that players can earn different cards based on a character’s fate. This introduces many different variables and encourages replay value for those who want to see every possible permutation. For those who simply want the major endings, they can be boiled down to a significant handful. Spoilers abound so be warned before proceeding.
The endings hinge on breaking the curse affecting the Hackett family. You’ll have to hunt down Silas, the very first individual who conferred the curse and kill him. Alternatively, you could choose to kill all of the Hacketts and Silas, or just make a ton of bad decisions that results in everyone dying. Let’s take a look at all of the major endings below:
- Good Ending – Laura works with Travis and kills the Silas aka the White Wolf, lifting the curse. Alternate versions of this include Laura hesitating and killing Travis, then Silas; Laura refusing to kill Silas, which results in the curse remaining; and no one surviving the car crash while Silas remains alive (along with the curse).
- Bad Ending – All of the teenagers (and a few Hackett family members) are dead. Silas is alive and the curse remains.
- Kill All Hacketts – Killing all of the Hacketts unlocks the “Family Matters” Trophy/Achievement (even if you also kill Silas in the end). As long as all of the teenagers survive, you’ll still technically receive the good ending, though collecting all of the evidence is key to exonerating them from criminal charges.
- The Final Girl – Only Kaityln survives the ordeal. Unlocks “The Final Girl” Trophy/Achievement, which is a throwback to horror movies where the main female lead was the only survivor.
- Last Man Standing – Alternatively, you can have Ryan be the only survivor while everyone else dies. This unlocks the “Last Man Standing” Trophy/Achievement.
For more details on unlocking each ending – or just to see the differences between each – check out PowerPyx’s videos below. You can also head here for more information on locating all of the clues, evidence and Tarot Cards.
The Quarry is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and PC. Check out our review here for more details.