Stunlock Studios has released a new patch for V Rising, its breakout survival crafting title. Patch 0.5.42553 isn’t full of new content, but it does add a much-requested feature – the ability for player servers to schedule wipes. Furthermore, you can now see which servers have been scheduled for wipes via a new unique icon.
A new filter will also showcase only servers with scheduled wipes along with the number of days remaining. So if you’re looking to start on a brand new server, this helps determine the best time to play. A server restart is still needed for the wipe to go through. Scheduled wipes are also optional and can only exist on new servers created following the patch’s release.
Other fixes and changes include PvP Presets using 1.25 BloodDrainModifier instead of 1.0, DLCs working in LAN mode, and a fix for clouds that would become blurrier and lag as time went on. Check out the full patch notes below. V Rising is currently available for PC via Steam Early Access. It’s sold two million units as of June 17th.
Patch 0.5.42553 | Patch Notes | Hotfix 8
New servers can now be hosted with repeated scheduled wipes.
- Servers with Scheduled Wipes will show a unique icon in the server list.
- Added a filter to show only servers with Scheduled Wipes.
- Server with Scheduled Wipes will display the number of days remaining until the next planned wipe.
- Once the date for the wipe arrives, the next Server Restart will trigger a wipe.
- Instructions on how to use this feature will be included in our Dedicated Server documentation and on G-Portal’s website.
- We will open new Official servers with this feature in the near future.
- Please note that Scheduled Wipes is an optional feature and will only be possible in new servers created after today’s patch.
Added new ServerHostSettings for lowering FPS on servers when they are empty:
- The default is true and with a value of 1.
- Official PvP Presets now uses 1.25 BloodDrainModifier instead of 1.0
- Fixed a bug where clouds would get blurrier and start to lag over time.
- DLCs now work in LAN Mode.
- Fixed a rare server crash involving Directional Shields and Counters.
- Fixed an issue where crashing servers would leave a growing amount of temporary data in the save folders. Such temporary data will be cleaned up with this patch.
- The initial Server List request now prioritizes servers with players increasing server fetch speed.
- Replaced “Activity” with “Territory” in the server list view.
- Localization has been added for Spanish – Latin America, Danish, Thai, and Ukrainian.
- Replaced “Days Played” with “Days Running” in the Server Details.
- “Days Played” previously displayed the number of in-game days since server start, “Days Running” will now instead display the number of real-time days since server start.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)