Valheim has been making constant waves with PC audiences for quite a while not, and earlier this month, the acclaimed survival title also made its way to consoles with its Game Preview launch for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One. On the former, the game offered two graphics modes at launch, with Quality Mode and Performance Mode running at 30 FPS and 60 FPS respectively. At the time, developer Iron Gate Studio said a Balanced Mode for 40 FPS gameplay was also in the works, and now, it has become available.
Iron Gate recently pushed out a new update for Valheim with patch 0.214.300, which adds Balanced Mode on Xbox Series X/S. On Xbox Series X, it sees the game running at 1440p and 40 FPS, while on Xbox Series S, it runs at 900p and 40 FPS. Several other tweaks have also been made for the game’s controls and its quality-of-life side of things. You can check out the full patch notes below.
In our review of Valheim’s early access version on Xbox Series X, we awarded it a score of 8/10, saying, “Players looking for a hardcore crafting/survival game on consoles likely won’t be able to find much better than Valheim, and its inclusion in Game Pass further makes it an easy choice despite a handful of issues.” Read the full review through here.
Valheim is available in early access on PC, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One. Iron Gate Studio recently said it has no current plays for PlayStation and Switch versions, but the game’s Xbox exclusivity period lasts only six months, so you never know what might happen in the near future.
Fixes & Improvements
- Manual save no longer causes you to respawn where you saved and can be called to a dedicated server if you are on the admin list
- Left handed mouse should now work correctly again
- Added “Swap Triggers” to control options, to be able to fix a potential issue for PlayStation controllers
- Fixed performance issues in main menu
- Fixed some special characters appearing as squares and symbols should look more like they did before
- Hovertext and text input on signs should now be displayed correctly and can use \t and \n symbols
- Text on signs should now be lit correctly and no lower glow
- Various UI & text fixes that were being displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where the scrolling was slow and inverted on linux
- Engine updated to unity version 2020.03.45
- Settings for keybindings should now be saved correctly
- Added graphic setting “Balanced Mode” with 40 FPS and 1440p on Series X and 900p on Series S (this will only display as an option of you have a screen which supports 40 FPS)
- Right stick now only controls the character rotation in character screen
- Right analog stick no longer has double functionality in the character creation menu
- Heightmap differences between Xbox and PC have now been almost entirely eliminated (this means some areas in Xbox worlds will have a significant terrain change, and if you have built in these areas the buildings may unfortunately collapse)
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)