Fatshark has released a new major content update for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide with “Rejects Unite.” It adds two new missions: Archivum Sycorax, where players venture to Habzone HL-19-24, “Throneside,” and Ascension Riser 31, which takes place in Transit Hub HL-16-11, “Chasm Terminus.”
The Chaos Spawn joins the enemy ranks with quick movements, grab attacks and leaping strikes presenting a new challenge. The update also kicks off the first Community Event, with the player base completing challenges and unlocking rewards. The first two challenges are for a tattoo and helmet, while Ascension Riser 31 is the reward for a third (though players will need to complete 900,000 missions).
Higher difficulties provide bonuses for faster completion (with Damnation providing the most at 5x). Check out some of the patch notes below.
Content Drop – Rejects Unite + Patch #10
Updates and Tweaks
- Changed Hunting grounds to spawn 1-2 waves instead of up to 7 waves (on Damnation), with bigger waves and a few normal Pox Hounds added on Heresy and Damnation.
Dev Note: Current hunting grounds have a tendency to slow down the pacing too much and take too long to clear, this tweak should make waves harder while making the triggered event not last as long.
- Tweaked Pox Hound pounce attack to be a bit easier to push.
- Reduced Medical Crate healing speed and cost towards downed players
– Speed from 100% -> 10%
– Cost 100% -> 30%.
Dev Note: “We tuned the amount of health, the speed of the healing and the cost from the health pool to heal a downed player from a deployed medical crate. The intention is that downed players don’t drain the entire medical pack in seconds so that alive players can gain some healing, while also making it so that downed players are bleeding out for longer giving a larger time window for teammates to help them up”
- Lowered the timing between wielding and aiming an underhand throw with Frag and Stun Grenades from 1.5s -> 0.9s.
Dev Note: For context the timing from wield to overhand throw is 1.4s.
Animation, VFX, SFX
- Fixed an issue where player animations could display incorrectly after being thrown by Mutant.
- Fixed an issue where the Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer didn’t use ammunition-based sound modulation (mechanical sounds used to indicate low ammunition count).
- Fixed a bug where projectile weapons would not play certain impact sfx.
- Fixed an issue where the plasma rifle overheat warning effect didn’t scale correctly with unusual resolutions.
- Fixed a bug where you could circumvent fire rate restrictions on ranged weapons if used while sprinting.
- Fixed some issues that could occur when vaulting in enclosed spaces.
- Fixed issue where “Bring the Hurt” penance would be triggered by using the Rumbler.
- Fixed issue where penance “One in the chamber” could not progress higher than the previous version’s requirement of 5.
- Fixed a spot in Smelter Complex HL17-36 where players could get stuck.
- Fixed locations in various missions where players could be unreachable by enemies, get out of bounds, skip mission objectives, and visibly see enemies spawning.
- Enemies can no longer run through the fan while it’s spinning in the mid-event on Relay Station TRS-150.
- Fixed an issue where the elevator at the start of Relay Station TRS-150 was invisible for players joining after the mission had begun.
- Fixed an issue where players sliding into the corners of the first door in Refinery Delta-17 caused them to get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could run through walls and scenery in the hangar section in Excise Vault Spireside-13.
- The minions of chaos have moved a medicae battery away from the convenient locker at the start of Relay Station TRS-150. You must now look elsewhere to deny their trickery.
- Fixed an issue where areas of the map became invisible to players in Excise Vault Spireside-13
- Multiple players can now interact with the medicae station at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused elevators to be blocked from starting with the “Not all players are onboard” message.
- Fixed an issue where players could not pick up a Scripture on Enclavum Baross.
- When switching inputs between controller and keyboard & mouse, the visual button prompts to interact with game pickups will change depending on the input device currently in use.
- The text for Sire Melk’s task for collecting Grimoires or Scriptures will now correctly reference both these pickups.
- Support for Intel XeSS.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Other Tweaks and Changes
- A new option, under the Interface settings, has been added that will disable the 3D rendering of operative portraits for the strike team HUD.
Dev note: This option has been added to allow players an additional toggle to help reduce potential crashes in Darktide.
- Added an error message to the storefronts (Armoury Exchange, Commissary) when a list of items cannot be fetched from the server.
- Added IPv6 Network as an option in the launcher.
Dev note: This option enables the use of IPv6 and requires IPv6 connectivity. Enabling this option without IPv6 connectivity may prevent you from playing the game.
- We are aware of an issue where VoIP isn’t working as intended in a strike team when you return to the hub after a mission. If the players leave the strike team while in the hub after the mission and rejoin the same people voip works again. We will be fixing this issue in a future hotfix.