Xbox One April System Update Brings Game/App Save Updates, Improved DVR and More
More improvements on the way for Microsoft’s next gen console.
Microsoft may have already brought out the latest Xbox One system update for March, but it currently has testers working out the April update. A NeoGAF user recently posted some of the more interesting new features to be added, which you can check out below:
- Game and app saves and updates: Save progress bar shows status of game saves; can identify which games and apps have been updated.
- Notifications for when favourites and friends sign in; friends in multiplayer can now be identified from Friends list and you can view their most popular apps.
- Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz. This is in keeping with the last update which allowed European players to change their output to 50 Hz to account for changes in frequency between countries.
- Kinect voice commands and motion gestures to be further fine-tuned
- New compression algorithm fine-tuning will help improve GameDVR quality, thus leading to better looking video clips.
- Device management will be improved to address issues with set top boxes, receives and TV control
- Audio settings will indicate amount of volume lowered when Kinect is used for communicating.
There’s more to come of course and we’ll get the full notes when the update lands in April so stay tuned.