The second wave of DLC for Monolith Soft’s excellent Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is now available. Expansion Pass owners can partake in the new Challenge Battle and meet a new Hero character Ino. Completing Ino’s quest will allow for recruiting her and accessing her class.
As for Challenge Battle, it provides different combat scenarios to overcome. If successful, you’ll earn Crystals which can be exchanged for accessories and new outfits (including swimwear). In addition to DLC Wave 2, update version 1.2.0 is also available. It makes Soyprimo Sauce available in the City Caravan shop and increases the effect time bonus from the Flash Fencer’s “Acceleration” Art.
Collectopedia items like “Gogol Dalm” and “Gogol Olipple” can now be acquired after being unavailable in the previous update. Other “additional issues” have been fixed to “improve” the experience. Check out the full DLC and update notes below.
DLC Wave 2 (Release date: 10/13/2022)
This wave of DLC contains the following content:
Challenge Battle mode against difficult enemies
- Overcome a variety of challenges by playing the Challenge Battle mode. Collect crystals and exchange them for valuable accessories and new outfits.
A new hero character and accompanying quests
- This wave adds the new hero character, Ino, to the game. Complete her Hero Quest to recruit her to your party and gain access to her class.
New character outfits
Version 1.2.0 (Released October 13, 2022)
Game Spec: Additions and Changes
- Added function to receive Expansion Pass 2.
- The availability of “Soyprimo Sauce” was previously restricted outside of the progress of a certain quest, so now the City Caravan shop located in the City will sell Soyprimo Sauce.
- Increased the effect time bonus for Fusion Arts using the Flash Fencer’s “Acceleration” Art.
- Fixed Collectopedia items “Gogol Dalm”, and “Gogol Olipple”, previously unavailable in Ver. 1.1.1, so that they can now be acquired.
- Fixed an issue in which a character’s audio of falling in battle would play over the sound of them falling down before the screen faded to black.
- Fixed additional issues to improve the gameplay experience.