Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Pokemon is finally dethroned.
It was a busy week in Japan in terms of new video game releases, and that’s been in the newest Famitsu weekly sales charts. There’s four new releases in the top 10 this week, two of which take the very top spots. Yakuza: Like a Dragon has seen its Japanese launch, and debuts on top of the charts, selling nearly 157,000 units. Trailing it in second place (with a sizeable gap separating the two) is fellow debutant Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, which sold over 89,000 copies.
This means that the PS4 finally gets a few games into the charts after a couple of consecutive weeks that saw the top 10 being totally dominated by Switch releases. This also means that Pokemon Sword and Shield have finally bee dethroned from the perch, after their record-breaking run on top of the charts, selling over 55,000 units and charting third.
Ring Fit Adventure sees a bit of a bump from last week, selling over 35,000 copies at No. 4. Meanwhile, PS4 console exclusive Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 debuts in fifth place with over 20,000 units sold. New Switch release Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is the fourth and final debutant in the top 10 this week, selling over 18,000 copies at No. 6.
You can check out the full Famitsu software and hardware sales charts for the week ending January 19 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 156.993 / NEW
02. [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 89.537 / NEW
03. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 55.604 / 3.312.358
04. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 35.860 / 583.429
05. [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 – 20.095 / NEW
06. [NSW] Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore – 18.797 / NEW
07. [NSW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch – 15.790 / 107.698
08. [NSW] Minecraft – 13.919 / 1.222.666
09. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 12.370 / 2.737.674
10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.347 / 3.522.802
Nintendo Switch – 96,458
PS4 – 6,325
Xbox One – 74
Nintendo 3DS – 766