Falcom’s Ys 9: Monstrum Nox continues to receive updates on Steam courtesy of PH3 Games. Patch 1.06 adds several fixes for minor issues while providing remapping for confirm and cancel actions and mouse wheel support for the message log. There’s also proper Borderless mode support on non-primary displays among other features.
But perhaps the biggest new addition is the “Lunatic” draw distance setting. This is intended to be even higher than Ultra and provides additional improvements to the visuals. However, the team warns that higher levels will have a higher impact on performance. No regressions are expected but in case of any, players are advised to return to previous versions by selecting the “version_*” branch in Steam properties.
As such, the “Lunatic” draw distance setting is only for very-high end systems and meant to provide some future proofing for the title. Ys 9: Monstrum Nox is now available for PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch along with an update that allows it to run in 4K resolution on PS5. Check out our review for the game here.
- added remapping of confirm and cancel actions
- added mouse wheel support for scrollable lists and journal when mouse menu navigation is off
- added mouse wheel support for message log
- fixed vibration only working for controller with ID 0
- improved save game menu navigation by disabling page-wise scrolling for left stick
- properly support Borderless mode on non-primary screens
- save used monitor for multi-display setups
- prevent screensaver from activating while the game is running
- added “Lunatic” draw distance setting (higher than Ultra, see notes below)
- made draw distance setting apply to sub-map level of detail selection (see notes below)
- make draw distance setting apply to more object types (see notes below)
- fix calculation of draw distance applied to objects when changing the setting in the menu
- fix distance fadeout of objects being closer towards the center of the screen than at an angle
- fix specific boulders not starting to move in some situations at framerates ~>100 FPS
- updated credits