Ubisoft has released patch notes for title update 1.4.0 of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which goes live tomorrow. It adds the Tombs of the Fallen – four puzzle-filled environments that can be discovered throughout the world. They become available once the settlement is unlocked in the story and are tied to two new Trophies/Achievements.
As for the new event, it’s the Oskoreia Festival aka Odin’s Wild Hunt. From November 11th to December 2nd, players can partake in new quests and activities like horseback riding and battling spirits in a tournament. Various “spooky” rewards are promised. The requirements for participating are a little more strict – you’ll need to have completed either the Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire arcs along having a level 2 settlement.
If that weren’t enough, the title update adds new skills like Perfect Parry which deals additional damage to a foe when parrying at the right moment and Master Counter Roll which allows for executing a Hidden Blade attack while performing a Counter Roll. Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here. The update will be 25 GB on Xbox Series X/S, 20 GB on Xbox One, 6.75 GB on PS5, 4.55 GB on PS4 and 20.31 GB on PC.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.40
TOMBS OF THE FALLEN
Added four new Tombs of the Fallen to the game.
- Four puzzle-focused tombs are waiting to be uncovered across England. Did someone say Odin Rune?
- Unlock two new trophies/achievements upon completing one or three Tombs of the Fallen, respectively.
- Access requirements: This content is available upon unlocking the settlement through the main storyline.
OSKOREIA FESTIVAL – ODIN’S WILD HUNT
Added in-game support for the Oskoreia Festival to the game.
- Available from November 11 through December 2.
- New quests and activities, including horseback riding and a tournament against spirits.
- New spooky rewards.
- Access requirements: Players must reach England and complete one of the first two narrative arcs (Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire) and have a settlement at Level 2 to participate in the Oskoreia Festival.
- Perfect Parry: Parry LB/L1/Q in the nick of time to deal additional damage to the attacker.
- Master Counter Roll: Adds a Hidden Blade strike while executing a Counter Roll.
- Improved Bow Stun Finisher: Initiating the Bow Stun Finisher will now shoot arrows at all stunned enemies in view.
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort convey in quest “Old Friends,” marker did not move.
- Cavalier/Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player was mounted on a Horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd didn’t follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be beneath the world in The Thegn of Lincoln.
- Cordial Invitation couldn’t be started due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath didn’t spawn in Hordafylke.
- Couldn’t interact with NPC during Edmund’s Arrow world event.
- Couldn’t defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground.
- “New Avenge Quest” celebration repeatedly appeared on the screen when looting or interacting with objects near the avenge corpse without picking up the quest.
- Unable to pick up Arc of Elan in the longhouse.
- “Exploration Area” did not disappear when tracking another quest.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Quest objective didn’t update in A Barter for Peace.
- River Raids – Removed fish to balance ration availability.
- Wrath of the Druids – Unable to interact with letter in Flann Sinna’s tent during Courting the Kings quest.