The latest update for Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is now available for all platforms. Title Update 1.4.1 is a data restructuring update which fully re-installs the base game but reduces its overall size in the process. This should result in faster loading times along with better runtime performance and data streaming.
Assassin’s Creed Crossover Stories is also live with this update, adding a new quest called “A Fated Encounter.” This sees Eivor venturing to the Isle of Skye following some nightmares and meeting Kassandra from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Unlocking it requires having Settlement Level 4 and completing the quest “A Wise Friend.”
Other new content includes the Yule Festival which runs from December 16th to January 6th 2022, and a range of new difficulty options. Players can now set the parry timing window in combat, level scaling, aim assist and much more. You can even alter how difficult stealth is and the amount of guidance during exploration. Check out some of the patch notes below and full patch notes here.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Google Stadia. It’s receiving a new expansion, Dawn of Ragnarök, on March 10th 2022.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.4.1 Release Notes
Assassin’s Creed Crossover Stories
- Added Assassin’s Creed Crossover Stories to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – A Fated Encounter:
- Terrible nightmares seemingly caused by a close ally sends Eivor to the Isle of Skye to investigate.
- Unlock all-new Assassin’s Creed Odyssey–themed rewards in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla by completing the story content.
- Access requirements: To play A Fated Encounter, you must reach Settlement Level 4 and have completed the quest A Wise Friend, where you help Valka establish herself in Ravensthorpe.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Those Who Are Treasured:
- Allies from your past will set you on a new journey to Korfu Island, involving a Piece of Eden and much more.
Unlock all-new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla–themed rewards for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey by completing the story content.
- Access requirements:
- After completing Chapter 1 and reaching Megaris, you may find the quest giver at Sami’s Port on Kephallonia Island.
- Spoiler Warning: This new story contains major spoilers for those that have not completed Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Note: The quest icon and quest log entry The Great Escape will only appear on the map when the three main questlines (Family, Cult of Kosmos, Mythology) are completed. However, you may find the quest giver after Chapter 1/Megaris.
- This content will be deployed with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Title Update 1.5.6 on December 14 at 12PM UTC via a ~13 GB update across all supported platforms. Read the full patch notes here.
- Please note that Assassin’s Creed Crossover Stories content will scale to match your progression and level.
- Added in-game support for the Yule Festival.
- The Yule Festival will be available from December 16, 2021 to January 6, 2022
- Partaking in the festivities will get you all-new items, including but not limited to a snowy beard & hair and settlement decoration.