Dawn of Ragnarok is out next month but in the meantime, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has received a new Title Update. It’s currently out for all platforms and varies in size from 3.6 GB on PS5 to 15.09 GB on PC. Along with adding support for the upcoming expansion, Title Update 1.5.0 provides improvements to enemy AI. They’ll now react to your whistles better and also detect the player if you use environmental traps.
Some other aspects like enemy detection cones being reduced if you use a bow, wild animals inexplicably being able to detect Eivor, and NPCs attempting to flee from fights too quickly have also been addressed. Saga difficulty has also been added, providing a story-focused experience. Along with enemies dealing less damage and not scaling with player level, you’ll also have more time to do things when detected.
It’s also possible to adjust combat settings like Ration Healing Ratio, Adrenaline Regen, damage taken and dealt, and much more. Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will also be having a free weekend starting tomorrow until February 28th so stay tuned for more details when that goes live.
ASSASSIN’S CREED VALHALLA – TITLE UPDATE 1.5.0
- Added support for the new expansion Dawn of Ragnarök, available on March 10.
In Dawn of Ragnarök, Eivor must embrace their destiny as Odin, the Norse god of Battle and Wisdom. Unleash new divine powers as you embark on a desperate quest through the breathtaking world of Svartalfheim. Complete a legendary Viking saga and save your son in the face of the gods’ doom.
Wield incredible, otherworldly powers. Absorb new abilities from those you’ve defeated and use them to slay all who stand in your way. Shape-shift into a raven for spectacular assassinations or resurrect your defeated foes to fight on your side. Transform your skin into magma to protect yourself, infuse your weapon with ice to unleash devastating strikes, and more.
New players can start the expansion at any time from the main menu with player boost. You will start your journey at Power Level 340 with a predefined selection of gear and weapons.
- New Divine Quality for gear and weapons.
- 3 new tiers of upgrade
- A new special rune slot
- Expand your progression with 4 new abilities and 6 new skills.
- Unlock new weapons and armour sets.
BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- AI reaction to whistle improved.
- Players get detected by enemies when using environmental traps.
- Wild animals detecting Eivor regardless of distance/angle and alerting nearby NPCs.
- NPCs disengaging from conflicts extremely quickly.
- Enemy detection cones reducing when using a bow.
- Monks having difficulty to leave the music crowd stations in the quest Taken (Kidnap Estrid).
- Added a Saga Difficulty Mode: Write your own Viking Saga without having to worry about the challenges of stealth and combat.
- Combat: Enemies inflict less damage and don’t scale with players.
- Stealth: More time allowed to perform actions when being detected (assassinating, shooting, disengaging, etc.).
Added new combat settings:
- Damage Eivor Takes
- Eivor Damage Output
- Ration Healing Ratio
- Adrenaline Regeneration
- Enemy Health Modifier
- Added support for more controllers on PC (Nintendo Switch Pro & Stadia).
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)