Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will receive a new update today at 5 AM PT/8 AM ET, which ranges from 5.5 GB on PS5 to 16 GB on Xbox Series X/S. Title update 1.2.1 will provide support for the upcoming Wrath of the Druids expansion (which must be downloaded separately at launch). However, there also three new skills to experiment with.
Cold Rage allows for ignoring hit interruptions after numerous regular melee attacks; Eye of the North ignores flinching when aiming with the bow; and Intense Rage will ignore hit interruptions when performing the next special attack or off-hand parry. Each skill effect requires a few seconds to recharge. Other new features include the ability to disable the cinematic camera during finishing moves and the addition of fish species like the halibut (small), sturgeon (small) and more.
You can also have the outfits for Altair and Bayek apply to other armor when using transmog. Check out the full patch notes here. As for Wrath of the Druids, it’s out on May 13th for all platforms and adds new quests and enemies (which seems to include werewolves).
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Title Update 1.2.1
- Added support for Wrath of the Druids, preparing the game for the expansion release on May 13. (a separate download is required on release day.)
- Cold Rage – Ignore hit interruptions while performing successive regular melee attacks. This effect recharges after a few seconds.
- Eye of the North – Prevents flinching from hits while aiming with your bow. This effect recharges after a few seconds.
- Intense Rage – Ignore hit interruptions while performing your next off-hand parry or special attack. This effect recharges after a few seconds.
- Added an option to the gameplay menu to toggle the cinematic camera on/off during finisher moves.
- Addressed an issue preventing the duel with Dag from triggering after sleeping in A Brewing Storm.
- Started populating the game with missing fish species: halibut small, sturgeon small, flat fish big, and mackerel big. Check out our forum post for the exact locations.
- Allowed Bayek’s and Altair’s outfit appearance to apply to other armor when using Transmog.
- Addressed an issue that prevented horse galloping sound from playing.
- Extended the duration of the Battlecry ability.
- Tweaked Fearless Leaper to make it easier to jump from greater heights.
- Addressed an issue with the Spinning-Death and Vordr Bite perk that caused the Chance percentage to be higher than intended.