Larian Studios has released a new hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3, and as promised, it addresses a bug that removed a lot of Minthara’s dialogue. Now you get to hear what your other party members think about romancing her and discover more details on her backstory in Act 3.
There are also some much-needed fixes for PS5 players for bugs like audio not working (which required turning off 3D audio), broken HDR, and even a crash from using the onscreen keyboard. Performance when cycling Character Sheet tabs in split-screen is improved and more. Check out some of the patch notes below, and full notes here, but beware of spoilers.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available for PC after being in early access for nearly three years. It’s received tons of critical acclaim and became the second-highest launch on Steam this year. Check out our review here. It launches on September 6th for PS5, with early access available for Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Edition owners.
- Fixed a bug that locked players out of many of Minthara’s lines of dialogue.
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Fixed sometimes not being able to talk to NPCs or party members because the game thought you were still in a dialogue.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when faraway characters got close to the party.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if a guard responding to a crime created a summon (e.g. an elemental), and you fled the combat or were incapacitated without killing the summon.
- Fixed an issue causing the game’s audio to stop working on PS5.
- Fixed graphical issues on HDR TVs when the HDR black level calibration was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when opening the onscreen keyboard.
- Fixed a memory leak when creating and destroying many objects.
- Improved performance when cycling through Character Sheet tabs in splitscreen.
- Fixed splitscreen not working correctly when a client with splitscreen already enabled joins a multiplayer game.
- Fixed dismissed avatars not showing up properly in Withers’ Wardrobe if the host is at camp and is already looking inside the wardrobe.
- Fixed characters sometimes disappearing on splitscreen when the client reconnects after disconnecting while listening in on a dialogue.
- Clients rejoining a multiplayer game where there’s a dismissed avatar in Withers’ Wardrobe will now be able to pick that avatar up again rather than have to create a new avatar. (This bug would happen when the client left the session and another player selected that client’s avatar in the middle of the dismiss-to-camp dialogue.)