Larian Studios has released the sixth big update for Baldur’s Gate 3 which is currently in early access for PC and Google Stadia. It adds a brand new area in Grymforge along with a new class, the Sorcerer. The latter is capable of wielding Wild Magic or go with their Draconic Bloodline and utilize different elemental spells. Check out the trailer below.
Of course, the Sorcerer’s main ability is Metamagic which allows for hitting two enemies simultaneously, increasing a spell’s range or duration, and acquire more powerful variations on spells when leveling up. As for Grymforge, it’s a Sharran fortress that lays beyond the Underdark and offers new questlines, cinematics, choices and characters to encounter with “hours” of new content promised.
This is all in addition to a graphical overhaul which adds volumetric and directional lighting, new particle effects, real-time clouds and much more. Characters can also become bruised or muddied with each fight depending on their HP, making the entire journey feel that much more perilous. For more details, check out the live playthrough and a selection of the patch notes below, or the full patch notes here.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Patch 6 notes
- Added new Grymforge region, an ancient Sharran fortress featuring new content, quests, combat, and mysterious NPCs to face. Added setup for several Grymforge quests in the Underdark.
- Added new Sorcerer class, featuring two unique subclasses: Wild Magic and Draconic Bloodline.
- Wild Magic: Embrace chaos and manipulate the forces of chance to gain advantage on attack rolls, ability checks, or saving throws – and potentially trigger a random effect in doing so. Examples include putting everyone around you on fire, gaining teleport as a bonus action or summoning a hostile mephit!
- Draconic Bloodline: Channel the powers of your dragon ancestors and wield deadly fire, lightning, acid, poison, or cold damage to destroy your enemies.
- Sorcerers of Draconic Bloodline will also gain a spell that matches the ancestor, for example Red Dragon provides access to Burning Hands
- You also gain access to a unique visual customization option in the form of the draconic scales.
- New Sorcerer spells were added:
– Horrific Visage: A new Tadpole Action that makes your enemy bleed and allows the Sorcerer to leech a Sorcery Point off of them.
– Enlarge/Reduce: This new spell alters a character’s size, affecting their physical stats in the process.
– Chromatic Orb: A powerful new single-target nuke that allows Sorcerers to hurl a sphere of energy at their foes.
– Cloud of Daggers: This spell protects the caster, surrounding them in a cloud of flying daggers.
– Crown of Madness: As the name suggests, this spell sends an enemy mad, and can cause them to attack their nearby allies.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)