Days Gone Still On Top In Latest Japanese Sales Charts
The open world survival title continues to sell well.
Owing to the Golden Week, Famitsu’s charts for video game software sales in Japan for the week ending May 5 come to us a bit later than usual. Days Gone, which debuted on top of the charts in its launch week (outperforming launch sales for several other major Sony exclusives), is still in pole position, with nearly 34,000 units sold, maintaining a strong lead.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate follows behind in second place, trailing by almost 10,000 units with almost 24,000 copies sold. The Nintendo Switch version of Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age, which debuted in second place last week, has fallen down to fourteenth place, selling over 6,000 copies.
With no new releases entering the top of the charts this week, most of the positions are occupied by the usual suspects. That, of course, includes Nintendo evergreens like New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Eevee!, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, and others.
You can view the full top 20 of the software sales in Japan for the week ending May 5 below.
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PS4] Days Gone – 33,876 / 148,195
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 23,756 / 3,066,906
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) – 20,114 / 768,123
- [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 19,310 / 604,116
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17,723 / 2,287,304
- [NSW] Yoshi’s Crafted World – 15,275 / 125,146
- [NSW] Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! (Bundle Editions Included) – 14,220 / 1,518,658
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Bundle Version Included) – 13,272 / 1,020,100
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) – 12,233 / 3,058,082
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) – 10,497 / 1,309,237
- [NSW] Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission – 9,703 / 109,255
- [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit – 9,205 / 52,380
- [PS4] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – 7,054 / 245,923
- [NSW] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 6,462 / 26,828
- [NSW] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition – 5,395 / 23,013
- [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 5,325 / 1,967,074
- [NSW] Kirby: Star Allies – 4,512 / 720,038
- [PS4] Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain – 4,379 / 78,691
- [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! – 4,317 / 331,255
- [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III (Limited Edition Included) – 3,692 / 825,772