After weeks of testing, Motion Twin and Evil Empire have released the newest update for rogue-lite action title Dead Cells on PC. Update 30.0 “Enter the Panchaku” adds a brand-new weapon in the Panchaku along with the Magic Bow from Soul Knight. The Knight’s Outfit and Bobby Outfit (based on the Beheaded’s look in the animated trailers) are also available.
A new Custom Mode option called Legendaries Only has also been added, which causes every weapon found in a run to be Legendary. Legendary Weapons as a whole have been reworked with double-stat scaling removed but the colorless status kept intact. New Legendary Affixes can now roll on all weapons.
These provide unique bonuses like Double Stack, increasing the stacks of status ailments like Poison and Fire applied by weapons. True Evil triples the damage of a weapon but locks the rest of your equipment until you remove it. Legendary Weapons also have their unique Legendary Affixes like the Tombstone’s Cascading Tomb which triggers Doom repeatedly and Super Slice on Queen’s Rapier which increases the range of reality slashes.
Check out some of the patch notes below and the full patch notes here. Update 30.0 is coming “very soon” to consoles so stay tuned for more details.
Update 30.0: Enter the Panchaku
New Weapon: Panchaku
- Two pans tied together by a string, the perfect DIY weapon to tear through the island!
- Crits on enemies facing you.
New Outfit: Bobby Outfit
- A new outfit inspired by the Beheaded’s design from the Dead Cells trailers, flaming head included.
New crossover content with Soul Knight:
Those features were already in the Mobile version of Dead Cells, we just brought them over to PC and Consoles!
- Weapon: Magic Bow, fires 5 slowly-moving, homing arrows.
- Outfit: Knight’s Outfit, inspired by Soul Knight’s character of the same name.
- New lore room in Prisoners’ Quarters to unlock the blueprints!
New Custom Mode Option: Legendaries Only
- Turns all weapons found in the run into legendary ones.
You can now pet your Pets when you are in transition areas, by holding interact next to them!
We completely reworked how Legendary Weapons work!
Removed the double stat scaling, but kept the colorless status. They now scale on your highest stat only. It was mostly overpowered, rather counter-intuitive (you had to split stats whereas you should do the opposite in non-legendary situations) and not really fun (just adding more damage on top of your damage).
- Added a unique Legendary Affix to all Weapons. A Legendary Weapon will always have its Legendary Affix on top of its normal rolled ones. You can find a list of all the Weapons and their respective Legendary Affix below.
- Added new Double Stack Legendary Affix, which doubles the number of stacks applied by the weapon. (Things like poison, fire, etc.)
- Added new Global Shield on Kill Legendary Affix.
- Added new Better Secrets Legendary Affix, which upgrades the quality of secrets found in the ground or walls by one tier.
- Added new True Evil Legendary Affix, deals triple damage but locks out the rest of the loadout as long as the weapon is equipped.
- Added new God Slayer Legendary Affix, increases the crit multiplier of the weapon’s last hit.
- Added new Death Root Legendary Affix, roots nearby enemies on kill.
- Added new Mega Crit Legendary Affix, increases crit damage by 75%.
- Added new Cascading Tomb Legendary Affix, unique to the Tombstone, doom effect can trigger recursively.
- Added new Rebuild on Kill Legendary Affix, unique to the Broken Toothpick, repairs the weapon on kill.
- Added new Speed Ball Legendary Affix, reduces the pause time between the attacks.
- Added new Super Slice Legendary Affix, unique to Queen’s Rapier, increases greatly the range of the reality slices.
- Added new Fire on Hit Legendary Affix, puts hit enemies on fire.
- Added new Double Bullets Legendary Affix, doubles the number of projectiles shot by the weapon.
- Added new Triple Bullets Legendary Affix, triples the number of projectiles shot by the weapon.
- Added new Golden Damage Legendary Affix, buffs the weapon’s damage based on the player’s current gold count.
- Added new Stun Shield Legendary Affix, stuns any enemy parried by the shield.
- Added new Double Speed Legendary Affix, projectiles shot by the weapon go twice as fast.
- Added new Echo Legendary Affix, replays a grenade’s explosion a second time.
- Added new Bigger Explosion Legendary Affix, increases a grenade’s explosion radius.
- Added new Ice Walker Legendary Affix, unique to Ice Armor, the created armor never expires.
- Added new Super Back Damage Legendary Affix, greatly increases the damage when hitting enemies in the back.