Following its shift to beta testing, Dead Cells’ Update 30.0 is receiving another round of changes. The latest patch has removed the pushback on Rampart’s force field and increased the initial damage of Barbed Tips. That being said, the total amount of Barbed Tips’ damage starts to decrease as more arrows are stuck in an enemy.
Other changes include a new Legendary Affix exclusive to Serenade – Durability Up. This ensures that the flying sword pet never expires. Gilded Yumi received some buffs in the last patch but it seems those weren’t enough. A full-fledged rework has been done, reducing the weapon’s ammo count to two but changing its attacks to a two-hit combo with the second arrow firing faster.
It’s also a Heavy Weapon now with its arrows piercing all foes. On top of increased weapon speed and base damage, damage dealt is no longer split between all enemies hit. The drawbacks are that it no longer stuns in AoE on hitting a target while arrow speed and crit multiplier have been reduced. Check out the full patch notes below for more details.
New changes for the current Update 30 beta
- Removed the pushback on Rampart’s force field.
- The recovery after Wrecking Ball’s 3rd hit and 4th hit has been greatly reduced i.e. you can dodge roll/jump much quicker after the hits. The 3rd attack can also be cancelled without losing your combo.
Full Life Damage is not a starred affix anymore.
- Increased Barbed Tips initial damage.
- Barbed Tips damage of each stack is reduced the more arrows there are in the enemy. 1 arrow = 40dmg, 2 arrows = 74dmg, 3 arrows = 104dmg, etc.
- Removed Hand Hook’s first hit and greatly reduced the lock of the last attack.
- Added new Legendary Affix, exclusive to Serenade: Durability Up, the sword pet never expires. Please note that the only translations of this affix are in French or English right now.
- Gilded Yumi rework:
– Reduced the ammo count to 2.
– Now has a 2-hit combo, which shoots the second arrow faster.
– Is now considered to be a Heavy Weapon.
– Increased the overall weapon speed.
– Increased the base damage, reduced the crit multiplier.
– Damage no longer gets split between hit enemies.
– Arrows now pierce all enemies.
– Bosses get dragged by the arrow more.
– Reduced the arrow’s speed.
– No longer stuns in an AoE on hit.
Legendary Affix changes:
- Double Crossb-o-matic: Super Pierce
- Explosive Crossbow: Super Pierce
- Heavy Crossbow: Super Pierce
- Giant Whistle: Echo
- Tornado: Double Speed
- Spiked Boots: Run Speed on Crit
- Cluster Grenade: Echo
- Balanced Blade: Run Speed on Crit
- Hank Hook: Bleed on Hit
- Serenade: Durability Up
- Added decorations in the Panchaku Lore Room
Graphics & UI:
- Weapons’ icons on the HUD now fade away when their controls are locked.
- Updated the credits.
Quality of life:
- Made double tap input option for Dive Attack more reliable and consistent.
- Added an angry eye on some animations, with the Bobby Outfit.
- Fixed Scrolls on the minimap not displaying their Stat icon, when triggering Explorer’s Instincts.
- Fixed mutations going higher and higher on the HUD every time the player changes the “place backpack next to weapons” option.
- Fixed the “Try 1BC” pop-up appearing when the player has already played 1BC at least once.
- Fixed Challenge Portals graphics being messed up.
- Fixed multiple crashes related to shader compilation.
- Fixed being able to pet Serenade when holding it as a weapon.
- Affixes now work on Leghugger and Mushroom Boi’s attacks.
- Fixed a crash when entering some biomes with the “secret zone visibility” option enabled.
- Fixed Queen sometimes getting stuck on the “Reality Slices” phase.
- Fixed some powers and effects not working properly after going through a ZDoor, as well as their visual disappearing:
- Ice Armor’s sprite.
- Cell Bonus FX.
- Lacerating Aura FX.
- Wings of the Crow FX.
- Fixed some sound effects getting randomly cut off. Hopefully it’s fixed this time.
- Fixed elite Gold Gorgers using Elite Skills when transformed by the Hunter’s Grenade.
- Fixed some fires and candles displaying as pink rectangles, not displaying at all, or displaying the wrong sprite.
- Area effects that are directly triggered by Weapons, Grenades and Actives will now be properly affected by the source item’s affixes.
- Fixed Panchaku and Bobby Outfit not unlocking properly
EDIT: Known Bug that we are working to fix – Gilded Yumi can roll Pierce and Super Pierce affixes even though it now has baseline Super Pierce.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)