Since the release of Destiny 2: Lightfall, Bungie has increased the game’s overall challenge. It makes sense with the prevalence of mods, Aspects and Fragments, Strand, etc. However, there have been plenty of complaints about the difficulty of foes in Legend and Master activities and even Neomuna Patrol.
A new hotfix is available, which should address some of those issues. On Neomuna, the number of Elite enemies has been reduced, and Cabal turrets in Ahimsa Park should now respawn slower. The combatant health scaling in the Season 20 Legendary Exotic mission is also less for two and three-player teams.
In Legend and Master Nightfalls, Battlegrounds, Lost Sectors, Offensives, Hunts and Campaign missions, enemy health has also been reduced. If that weren’t enough, Root of Nightmares’ final encounter should now be more challenging since an issue that caused the boss not to react when players stood in a Well of Radiance has been fixed.
And yes, Quicksilver Storm and Touch of Malice are fixed. Check out the full notes below for more details.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11
Gameplay and Investment
Trials of Osiris
- Fixed an issue where wins on a seven-win Trials Passage would reward unfocusable Trials of Osiris engrams.
- Reduced the prevalence of elite (orange healthbar) enemies to lower the base difficulty of Freeroam.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Cabal turrets in Ahimsa Park to respawn too quickly.
Root of Nightmares
- Fixed an issue where Nezarec would not react to players that were positioned in a Well of Radiance.
- Combatant health scaling for two- and three-player fireteams reduced in the Season 20 Legendary Exotic mission.
- Reduced enemy health in Legend- and Master-tier Nightfalls, Battlegrounds, Lost Sectors, Offensives, Hunts, and Legend/Master campaign missions.
- Reduced the Commendation score required for Guardian Ranks 7, 8, and 9:
– Rank 7 is now 200 (was 460).
– Rank 8 is now 477 (was 790).
– Rank 9 is now 910 (was 1290).
- Removed Guardian Rank objectives that require players to give Commendations from Ranks 7, 8, and 9.
- Reduced the number of Commendations required for Hawthorne’s weekly challenge from 20 to 5.
- Reduced the number of additional scorch stacks added by the Flare Up artifact perk in PvP to 15 (down from 30).
- Fixed an issue where the Target Lock trait was not correctly deactivating on a miss if the weapon was firing at 720 RPM or higher.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to acquire the Riskrunner catalyst.
- Fixed an issue where Quicksilver Storm and Touch of Malice were not receiving the 40% damage bonus against minor enemies.
Power and Progression
- Fixed an issue where certain Ghost and Weapon mods were not correctly unlocked when progressing through Guardian Ranks.
- Fixed an issue where certain new players were missing access to patrol destinations.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)