Destiny 2’s Season of the Drifter begins later today, and it introduces a ton of new content for Annual Pass owners. One new activity is Gambit Prime, a more high-risk, high-reward version of Gambit that only takes place over one round. It also lets players pick different roles for the round, including Reaper, Invader, Collector, and Sentry.
Depending on the role chosen, you can pick up different armour sets that will grant special perks. For instance, the Reaper can generate Special ammo from multi-kills and weaken High Value Targets. The Sentry can increase damage against Taken with multi-kills and provide health regen when banking. Check out each set with their given perks below (and in the new trailer):
- Weaken High Value Targets
- Multi-kills generate special ammo
- Increased mote duration
- Powerful enemy kills recharge grenade
- Multi kills increase damage against Taken
- Bank gives health Regen
- Mark Invaders for teammates
- Buff allies in well of light
- Drop motes on death
- Motes collecting grant overshield
- Gain ammo on mote deposit
- Send 20 mote blocker
- Gain ammo while invading
- Improved overshield while invading
- Damage bonus on guardian kills
- Lock and drain motes while invading
The sets even have their own distinct colours to differentiate them before rounds. How the set bonuses work and whether you need the full set to activate all effects remains to be seen. If you’re looking to farm for these armour sets, you better prepare to partake in another new activity called The Reckoning.
Destiny 2’s Season of the Drifter goes live after the weekly reset today for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.