Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Code Vein and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox also debut in the top 5.
It’s an interesting and eventful week for video game software and hardware sales in Japan, as per the data released by Famitsu for the week ending September 29. Dragon Quest 11 S has enjoyed an absolutely stellar debut upon its Switch launch, topping the charts with sales in excess 303,000 units. Par for the course for a mainline Dragon Quest launch in Japan.
There are plenty of other new releases in the top 10 as well. Code Vein has debuted in second place, selling over 60,000 copies, while Ys IX: Monstrum Nox takes the fifth spot with over 45,000 units sold. FIFA 20 is right behind it in sixth place, selling over 43,000 units. Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo’s new RPG Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout’s PS4 version occupies third place, selling over 53,000 units, while the Switch version, with over 25,000 units sold, is in at No. 9.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’s Master Edition – which includes both, the new expansion and the base game – continues to chart in the top 10, coming in at No. 8 with over 26,000 units sold. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, which topped charts last week, drops down to fourth place, selling over 45,000 units.
On the hardware front, there isn’t a lot of change. Thanks to the Switch Lite (and presumably the launch of Dragon Quest 11 S), the Nintendo Switch once again sold a whole lot, moving nearly 200,000 units. The PS4 managed to hold steady, selling over 24,000 units.
You can check out the full hardware and software charts below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S – Definitive Edition – 303.204 / NEW
02. [PS4] Code Vein – 60.843 / NEW
03. [PS4] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout – 53.428 / NEW
04. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 45.775 / 187.150
05. [PS4] Ys IX: Monstrum Nox – 45.378 / NEW
06. [PS4] FIFA 20 – 43.751 / NEW
07. [PS4] World War Z – 27.872 / NEW
08. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne Master Edition – 26.324 / 346.239
09. [NSW] Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout – 25.538 / NEW
10. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 14.731 / 644.445
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 196.489 (239.740)
PS4 – 24.658 (24.857)
Xbox One – 158 (513)
3DS – 2.384 (1.687)
PS Vita – 39 (28)