The hype for Final Fantasy 16 has been fever-pitch since the moment it was first announced, but with its recent showing and newly released details, that exciting is only growing, and it’s bound to keep on growing. Unsurprisingly, then, the upcoming PS5 RPG has once again topped Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from the outlet’s readers.
In second place, and separated by a healthy gap, is Xenoblade Chronicles 3, another upcoming massive RPG, and one that’s due out much sooner. It has leapfrogged fellow upcoming Switch exclusive Splatoon 3, which takes third place in this week’s charts, while another major Switch exclusive scheduled for a 2022 launch, Bayonetta 3, takes fourth place.
Most of the games in this week’s top 10, in fact, are Nintendo Switch titles. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel comes in at fifth place, while the HD-2D remake of LIVE A LIVE is in at No. 7. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak takes eighth place, while right behind it at No. 9 is RPG duo Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between May 12 and May 18.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 504 votes
2. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 419 votes
3. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 403 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 392 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 376 votes
6. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 334 votes
7. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 257 votes
8. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 219 votes
9. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 207 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 196 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]