Final Fantasy 16 has been topping Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games for quite some time now, though that hasn’t been the case for the last few weeks. A month ago, it was displaced on top of the charts by Splatoon 3, but after four weeks away from the top spot, in the latest charts, it’s retaken the top spot again, while the upcoming Switch shooter drops down to second place.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3, meanwhile, which has also been hovering in the top 3 positions on a consistent basis for some time, has dropped down to No. 4, having been overtaken by the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest 10 Offline. It’s followed in fifth place by fellow upcoming Switch RPG LIVE A LIVE, the HD-2D remake that launches in a few days’ time.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which were in eighth place last week, have climbed up to sixth position, and are followed in seventh place by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel. Fellow upcoming Switch exclusive Bayonetta 3, which finally has a concrete release date, is in at No. 8.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between June 23 and June 29.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 636 votes
2. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 599 votes
3. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 514 votes
4. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 488 votes
5. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 482 votes
6. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 387 votes
7. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 382 votes
8. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 376 votes
9. [NSW] Ushiro – 217 votes
10. [NSW] Anonymous;Code – 159 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]