Final Fantasy 16 has been topping Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games (as voted for by the outlet’s readers) on a consistent basis for quite some time, but it’s streak has finally been broken. It’s fallen from the top spot to No. 3, with upcoming Switch-exclusive RPG Xenoblade Chronicles 3 hanging on to second place, where it was placed last week, while fellow upcoming Switch first party exclusive Splatoon 3 takes the top spot.
Other than Final Fantasy 16, every other game in the top 10 is a Switch title this week, which has become something of a familiar sight in these weekly charts by now. Bayonetta 3, which is still due out for this year, is placed No. 5, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s still-unnamed sequel comes in at No. 7. Sandwiched between the two is LIVE A LIVE.
Monster Hunter Rise’s expansion Sunbreak, which is out later this month, comes in at No. 8, with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet taking the ninth spot. You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between May 26 and June 1.
1. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 705 votes
2. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 684 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 673 votes
4. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 525 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 498 votes
6. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 490 votes
7. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 461 votes
8. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 323 votes
9. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 292 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 244 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]