Japanese outlet Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from its readers, and there are little to no surprises in how the top 10 shakes out. Final Fantasy 16 reclaimed its place on top of the charts last week, and it maintains its hold on the spot in this week’s charts as well, maintaining a healthy lead over PlatinumGames and Nintendo’s Bayonetta 3.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are launching in about a month’s time, and the hype surrounding the RPG duo continues to mount as well. They’re sitting in the third spot in this week’s charts, and are followed in fourth and fifth place by a couple more upcoming Switch exclusives, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Dragon Quest Treasures.
The Nintendo Switch’s dominance in the top 10 isn’t as prevalent as it usually tends to be in these charts this week. In sixth place, we have another Final Fantasy game, with Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, and it’s followed by the PS5 versions of Pragmata and the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 4 in No. 7 and No. 8 respectively.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between September 15 and September 20.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 636 votes
2. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 581 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 525 votes
4. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 442 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures – 334 votes
6. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth – 273 votes
7. [PS5] Pragmata – 212 votes
8. [PS5] Resident Evil 4 – 199 votes
9. [NSW] Harvestella – 191 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 189 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]