Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has released its latest weekly chart for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from their readers. Final Fantasy 7 Remake has, unsurprisingly, taken the top spot once more- really, we shouldn’t even be mentioning which game was on top in these weekly reports, because after the 15 millionth week, it just starts becoming repetitive.
Here’s more repetition though, just in case you haven’t had your fill of it yet- Kingdom Hearts 3 is in second place, right behind its fellow Square Enix megaton RPG. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate follows close behind in third place, while fellow Switch exclusives Shin Megami Tensei V and Bayonetta 3 feature at number 6 and number 10 respectively.
Meanwhile, upcoming 3DS RPGs Etrian Odyssey X and Persona Q2 (which is going to receive some new news pretty soon), rank at eighth and ninth place respectively. Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Remaster, which recently received a Japanese release date, also comes in at 12th place. Meanwhile, the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 2 is in as well, at number 13, while Soulcalibur 6 follows right behind at number 14.
You can check out the full top 15 below. All votes were cast between July 12 and July 18.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 726 votes
2. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 623 votes
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 601 votes
4. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 4 – 334 votes
5. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 295 votes
6. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 274 votes
7. [PS4] God Eater 3 – 272 votes
8. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey X – 264 votes
9. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 262 votes
10. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 244 votes
11. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga – 242 votes
12. [PS4] Shenmue I & II – 209 votes
13. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 201 votes
14. [PS4] Soulcalibur VI – 199 votes
15. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 190 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)