Genshin Impact – Update 1.2 Notes Detail Frostbearing Tree, New Domain
The update is currently available to pre-load on PC.
Update 1.2 is now available to pre-load for PC players of Genshin Impact via the launcher. MiHoYo has also released the patch notes for the same, revealing the new content that’s coming tomorrow. Dragonspine is the main draw with the new region offering various quests and puzzles to overcome. There’s also the new Sheer Cold status effect which accumulates in the region and upon hitting its cap, will result in gradual HP loss from players.
The Frostbearing Tree is a new reward structure. By offering Crimson Agates from the region, players can receive a new wind glider, Intertwined Fate, weapon blueprints, Acquaint Fate and much more as rank-up rewards. A new Domain, the Peak in Vindagnyr, is also available with new Artifacts to earn.
The first new 5-star character, Albedo, also goes live. Players can partake in the main event “The Chalk Prince and the Dragon” which provides the new Festering Desire sword for free. Best of all, Original Resin is no longer needed to take part in update 1.2 events. The next 5-star character, Ganyu, will be available in January 2021.
New Area: Dragonspine
- New Area – Dragonspine: Travelers will be able to put their adventuring skills to the test in the Subzero Climate of the all-new Dragonspine area. Here, Travelers will discover a whole new exploration experience, filled with various puzzles as well as new quests and mechanisms awaiting at every turn.
- New Mechanics – Subzero Climate: Characters in Subzero Climate in Dragonspine will continuously accumulate Sheer Cold. When Sheer Cold reaches its limit, they will start losing HP.
New Feature of Dragonspine – Frostbearing Tree
- The ancient tree that should have slumbered forever under the ice and snow has sprouted scarlet sprouts anew. Offer the Crimson Agates scattered all over Dragonspine to this tree, and you may obtain just rewards in return…
- Level up the Frostbearing Tree to obtain rewards that include Acquaint Fate, Intertwined Fate, a wind glider, Weapon blueprints, and Gadget blueprints.
New Domain of Dragonspine – Peak in Vindagnyr
- Challenge the Domain to earn artifacts from the Blizzard Strayer, Heart of Depth, and other sets.
5-Star Character “Kreideprinz” Albedo (Geo)
- Vision: Geo
- Weapon: Sword
- A genius known as the Kreideprinz, he is the Chief Alchemist and Captain of the Investigation Team of the Knights of Favonius.
5-Star Character “Plenilune Gaze” Ganyu (Cryo)
- Vision: Cryo
- Weapon: Bow
- The secretary at Yuehai Pavilion. The blood of the qilin, an illuminated beast, flows within her veins.
- New Weapons: Summit Shaper (5-Star Sword), Festering Desire (4-Star Sword), Snow-Tombed Starsilver (4-Star Claymore), Dragonspine Spear (4-Star Polearm), and Frostbearer (4-Star Catalyst)
- Take part in the event “The Chalk Prince and the Dragon” to claim the event-exclusive weapon Festering Desire (Sword).
- Explore the Dragonspine area and complete the corresponding quests to obtain the weapons Snow-Tombed Starsilver (Claymore) and Dragonspine Spear (Polearm) and their forging methods; make an offerings to the Frostbearing Tree to obtain the forging blueprint for Frostbearer (Catalyst).
New Artifact Sets: Blizzard Strayer and Heart of Depth
- Challenge the brand new Domain of Blessing “Peak of Vindagnyr” in Dragonspine and obtain the artifact sets above.