Sucker Punch Productions has a new patch coming up soon for Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut with a focus on changes to Ghost of Tsushima: Legends. Patch 2.12 randomizes enemy spawn points in Survival and Rivals for each new match, though Nightmare Survival will offer a fixed spawn pattern each week. This is to ensure a level playing field for those grinding the leaderboards.
Perhaps more important is that the patch will introduce matchmaking for Nightmare Survival and Nightmare Story, allowing players to fill empty slots. The feature is in the “testing” phase and Sucker Punch is monitoring to ensure it “doesn’t upset game balance.” It may even be removed later based on player feedback so give it a shot now while you can.
Check out some of the patch notes below with the full notes here. Ghost of Tsushima is currently available for PS4 with the Director’s Cut having released in August for PS4 and PS5. The latter added the new Iki Island expansion along with DualSense support and full lip-syncing for Japanese audio.
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Patch 2.12
- In Survival and Rivals modes, enemy spawn points will now be randomized and will change with each new match.
- However, Nightmare Survival will maintain a fixed spawn pattern for the entire week to create an even playing ground for the leaderboards.
- Nightmare Story now has a fixed spawn location for Gyozen’s Scroll and the Oni Chest each week.
- Fixed a bug in Survival and Rivals where waves could occasionally stop spawning after all enemies were killed.
- Fixed a bug in Survival and Rivals where enemies could occasionally stop attacking.
- Added the ability to matchmake to fill empty slots to Nightmare Survival and Nightmare Story.
- For now, we’re testing this feature and will monitor to make sure it doesn’t upset game balance and may remove it in the future depending on your feedback.
- Adjusted the Show Details screen in the Lobby to include both perks on equipped gear.