Grand Theft Auto 6 is currently in development, and that is, of course, what the vast majority of the GTA fanbase is going to be primarily focused on for some time to come. That’s still a ways off though, and until then, the seemingly immortal Grand Theft Auto 5 and Grand Theft Auto Online are continuing to receive updates that bring several changes and improvements.
Another such update will be going live later this month, and Rockstar has provided details on what it will entail. While there will be a number of smaller changes and tweaks as always, the biggest addition coming with the new update is the implementation of ray-traced reflections on PS5 and Xbox Series X (the Series S isn’t mentioned), which will be available in Fidelity Mode, and render real-time reflections “on many surfaces”. You can check out the full notes for the update below.
Recently, Take-Two Interactive revealed that Grand Theft Auto 5 has sold a whopping 170 million units worldwide.
- Get to your favorite iFruit Contacts faster — select which Contacts to display or hide via the Interaction Menu.
- The Benefactor Terrorbyte can be used to launch Business Sell Missions in all Session types, including Invite-only Sessions.
- Take on Agatha’s Casino Story Missions as a solo operator by visiting the Management Office of The Diamond Casino & Resort (these missions previously required at least 2 players).
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will add ray-traced reflections — rendering real-time reflections on many surfaces — via the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
- New vehicle purchases will arrive in your Garage faster than before.
- Select Custom Weaponized Vehicles can now be used in Races, where appropriate — weapons will be disabled outside of GTA Races.
- Bicycles will be added to the list of vehicles that can be requested from your Personal Garage when calling the Mechanic.
- Players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enjoy full access to Hao’s Special Works without needing to complete Hao’s introductory race.
- Completing Vehicle Cargo Sell Missions in Public Sessions will award a High Demand Bonus, bringing this in line with all other business activities, while payouts on Smuggler’s Sell Missions will be permanently tripled.
- Get more of what you want faster with an across-the-board increase in the GTA$ value of all Shark Cards. Starting today, all Shark Card denominations have been boosted by 20–25% when purchased directly in GTA Online or via any of the platform stores. For special GTA+ Member Shark Cards, this is on top of the current 15% bonus GTA$.