Halo Infinite’s first multiplayer event, Fracture: Tenrai, is now available and brings a free 30 tier Event Pass to the game. Players can earn the Yoroi armor core by ranking up but it’s not quite that straightforward. This can only be done by accessing event-specific challenges which must be completed in the new Fiesta playlist (which is essentially random weapons on spawn in all Arena maps).
Furthermore, these challenges are limited (seven per week) so you’ll need to come back and complete them, one by one. How do you complete the entire Event Pass when it’s only available until November 30th, 10 AM PT? By checking back in January 2022 when it makes its second of six appearances for Season 1.
Here are some of the items that players can unlock as part of the Event Pass:
- Torii Reflection – Epic Backdrop
- Gatekeeper – Legendary Shoulder Pads
- Rare Samurai Nameplate & Emblems
- Sol Devil – Legendary Weapon Coating (MA40 AR)
- Whispered Sky – Epic Weapon Coating (Sidekick and BR75 Battle Rifle)
- Spring Blossom Filter – Legendary Helmet Attachment
- Swordsman’s Belt – Legendary Utility for Yoroi Armor Core
However, not every samurai-themed cosmetic is obtained from the Event Pass. If you want, say, the blades to go with Swordsman’s Belt, you’ll need to purchase it from the store for real money. New content will be added to the store each time the Tenrai: Fracture event returns. It’s a weird system, for sure.
Halo Infinite’s multiplayer is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Its campaign is out on December 8th.