After weeks of trying to resolve issues with Big Team Battle in Halo Infinite, 343 Industries’ latest hotfix seems to have done the trick. At 1.1 GB, the update went live recently for consoles and PC, and allows players to find full matches more quickly and consistently.
The update also sees Scorpion Tanks and Wraiths spawning more frequently on BTB maps, adding to the actual feel of an all-out war. Players in Fireteams may still start out in different areas when BTB matches begin but they’ll now have the chosen Fireteam Marker color, making them easier to identify. For those who want to play around with the Halo Champion Series version of Free-For-All Slayer, it’s now available in the Custom Game modes list.
Check out the full hotfix notes below for more details. In terms of future updates, Halo Infinite will be receiving campaign co-op and Forge at later dates. 343 Industries originally planned to discuss the same in January but has since delayed further details. Stay tuned in the coming days for more information.
- Matchmaking service improvements for Big Team Battle (BTB). Players should find full matches quicker and more consistently.
- Scorpion Tanks and Wraiths will appear more frequently on BTB maps.
- Fireteam members in BTB matches will have the selected Fireteam Marker color, but may still start the match in different areas of the map.
- Join in progress rules updated to avoid matchmaking into games which are nearly complete.
- Changes to Oddball in both Ranked and Arena Multiplayer playlists:
– If the score is tied when a round’s timer runs out, one minute is added back to the timer. If the score is tied at the end of the additional minute, then the round will be declared a tie.
– The match will end if two separate rounds end in a tie and the victory will go to the team with more rounds won.
- Halo Championship Series (HCS) variant of Free-For-All Slayer added to the Custom Game modes list.
- In Custom Games, changes to Free-For-All Slayer, FFA Oddball, Neutral Flag and Tactical Slayer game options update correctly.