The annual Game Developers Conference saw its return this year, and just like every year, the Game Developers Choice Awards was also held, which saw various games across genres getting recognized and awarded. With over fifty games getting nominated this year, we now know the winners from this year’s categories.
Some key takeaway from this year saw the Daniel Mullins Games-developed Inscryption bagging the Game of the Year award, over titles such as Forza Horizon 5, Deathloop, Resident Evil Village, and It Takes Two. Additionally, the game also won the Seumas McNally Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival Awards, which happens on the same night, making it the first game to win both.
Apart from that, other highlights included Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart bagging the best visuals and best technology awards, Unpacking winning the best audio and best innovation awards, Psychonauts 2 winning the best narrative award, and It Takes Two taking home the best design award.
The full list of winners for DICE Awards 2022 can be found below (via Shacknews):
THE ANNUAL GAME DEVELOPERS CHOICE 2022 WINNERS
- Game of the Year winner: Inscryption
- Best Audio winner: Unpacking
- Best Design winner: It Takes Two
- Best Debut winner: Valheim
- Innovation Award winner: Unpacking
- Best Narrative winner: Psychonauts 2
- Social Impact Award winner: Boyfriend Dungeon
- Best Technology winner: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Visual Art winner: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart