Kingdom Hearts 3
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One
The Square Enix megaton duo remains firmly on top.
Famitsu’s latest charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video games – as voted by their readers – are in. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Square Enix’s duo of upcoming megaton RPGs, are both on top yet again. Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually out now in Japan, but that wasn’t the case while the voting was being held- as is the case with Resident Evil 2 in third place as well, actually. You can expect both to feature near the top of these charts for the next week or so as well, then.
The top 5 is actually completely unchanged from last week (or the week before that). Devil May Cry 5 is the second Capcom game in the top half of the charts, taking the fourth spot, while Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch takes up the fifth position. Super Robot Wars T has also, in fact, retained its position in sixth place, while Catherine: Full Body has moved up from #10 to #7.
The rest of game in the charts are different from last week. Replacing Ace Combat 7, Dead or Alive 6, and Shin Megami Tensei 5 are Code Vein, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Dragon Quest 11 S in the final three places respectively.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between December 26 and January 9.
1. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 1,378 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,264 votes
3. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 952 votes
4. [PS4] Devil May Cry 5 – 753 votes
5. [NSW] Animal Crossing – 613 votes
6. [PS4] Super Robot Wars T – 590 votes
7. [PS4] Catherine: Full Body – 493 votes
8. [PS4] Code Vein – 480 votes
9. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 454 votes
10. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S – 440 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!