It’s clear by now that Mario Strikers: Battle League is going to follow the same pattern that other Mario sports title on the Switch have. The football title didn’t launch with a great deal of content last month, but Nintendo confirmed before it was out that it’d receive plenty of new content in the form of several free post-launch updates.
The first of these is now available. The free update was recently revealed, and as previously detailed, it adds two new characters to the game with Daisy and Shy Guy, as well as a new stadium called Desert Ruin. The update also adds a new Knight-themed gear set, makes some general balancing changes, and also adds in a couple of new quality-of-life features. Get all the details in the patch notes below.
Nintendo has confirmed that it’ll be releasing two more free updates for the game throughout the rest of 2022. Pre-launch leaks claimed that the game would get as many as 10 new post-launch characters.
Mario Strikers: Battle League is available on Nintendo Switch.
UPDATE 1.1.0 PATCH NOTES:
- Added “Daisy” as a playable character.
- Added “Shy Guy” as a playable character.
- Added the “Desert Ruin” stadium.
- Added the “Knight” gear set.
- Increased how many items can be displayed in the Notifications ticker in Strikers Club.
- When choosing “Random” on the Character Selection screen, the geared version of the Character will be selected (if one exists).
- Reduced the probability of scoring on a weak shot from far away.
- Reduced the probability of Stars appearing when you are losing by a 1 or 2 point difference.
- Revised the CPU behavior and opposing team composition in Cup Battles.
- Added visible trail to the ball when it’s not in active possession, making it easier to see.
- Made player numbers easier to see when playing online.
- Fixed an issue when playing as Waluigi and using a hyper strike in which the ball could hit a goal post and not go in.
- Made several other adjustments to game balance and fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.