Marvel’s Avenger Patch V1.2.5 Restores Marketplace and Challenge Card Outfits
Crystal Dynamics is also prepping its largest patch yet with V1.3.0.
Crystal Dynamics has been patching Marvel’s Avengers pretty frequently since the game’s launch. To that end, a new patch is available for Xbox One and PS4 players that addresses a number of playthrough stoppers and other bugs. This includes an issue that prevents campaign progression because of an infinite loading screen.
Another much-awaited fix includes Marketplace and Challenge Cards being restored after unexpectedly being locked in one’s UI. Xbox One players should also see Achievements unlock properly though the developer is looking at ways to retroactively grant them. Optimizations for loading times have also been done.
Check out the full patch V1.2.5 notes below. Another patch is currently being tested and it will be the developer’s largest yet. Patch V1.3.0 will look to “resolve bad states for bugs fixed in 1.2.5, as well as address hundreds of smaller quality of life issues.” There’s no release date for the patch yet so stay tuned for further details in the coming days. In the meantime, you can check out our review for the game here. Marvel’s Avengers will also be coming to Xbox Series X and PS5 later this year.
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of the world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- Prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits will be restored and no longer become re-locked in the Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through online play – such as Hero Challenge Card rewards, pattern drops, and faction vendors – reverting to a locked state
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.